Well, after a long, cold winter we are now only a few days away from the first LOST Swim of the season… Saturday, May 30!!!
We have a ton of people already registered, but if you haven’t done so yet… get on it! (just click on the “LOST Store and On-line Registration button to the right).
Also, as usual, the LOST Race is the second Saturday in August, which is August 8th, so feel free to sign up for that at the same time too… we’d love to have you! This year’s race looks even better that last year’s… electronic timing, blow up finishing arch, the LOST medal and thanks to the generous donation of one particular LOSTie (John Stibrany!) we even have a great loot bag this year too! Not to mention that the winners get their name on the beautiful LOST Trophy!
A couple of cool new additions to LOST Swimming this year:
- Miguel has been working on new LOST merchandise, which should be available in the LOST Store very soon! For all the LOSTies who follow us from around the world, you are more than welcome to represent LOST Swimming too! We’ll ship it to you!
- LOST Tri-wear! There is a very large group doing Ironman and shorter distance tri’s this year… and this stuff looks great!
- New LOST T-shirts! I’ve seen the design and they look awesome!
- LOST bumper stickers… just for fun and to show your LOST pride! (haha?!)
- New LOST swim caps (included in your registration)
- The LOST Video Clinic! Dylan is going to be offering a video clinic each Saturday at LOST Swims for just $20… he’s already got a bunch of people who have reserved dates and can only do so many per day, so drop him an email before it fills up!
As many of you know, we started the Canadian Open Water Swim Series last year, which was a huge success! We had 12 races across the country and over 2,000 swimmers in the series!
In fact there was such interest that we opened it up to the rest of the world and changed the name to the Global Swim Series! At present we have over 24 races and about 20,000 swimmers!!! And more races joining each week!!! This including races in Ireland, Barbados, Brazil, Vermont, Mexico and even more races in Canada! Click on GlobalSwimSeries.com to check out all the races!
We just added 4 more local races… totalling 7 local races… so far! The newest additions are: Caledon Quarry Swim 1 and Caledon Quarry Swim 2, Mine Over Matter, and the Variety Village Open Water Swim .
That’s all for now, see you on the beach very soon!