I just sent in my applications for the Tampa Bay Marathon Swim (solo) and the Swim Around Key West (solo)!!!
So if you were waiting for someone to go first… it’s now safe to send your entry in too! I’m committed!
If you check the tab above “LOST Travel Team” you can click on the link that shows you who has an interest… and soon, who else has entered! (so let me know when you’ve sent yours in).
I really hope we can get a bunch of people to come down, these events are always more fun as a group! So far it looks like the SAKW has the most appeal (time of year, distance, location, etc)… lots of people interested in the solo and in the relay… I think most people who are doing the relay are doing the 2 man.
Having said all that… if you are going to do either of the races… get your entries in asap! It would be a shame if you decided to go and they ran out of boats!
Basic info and website:
1) Tampa Bay Marathon Swim
- 38.4 km
- April 21, 2012
- average water temp: 75F / 25C
- price: solo – $1500, 3 person relay – $1500, 6 person relay – $1800
- boat and crew provide in entry fee
2) FKCC Swim Around Key West
- 20k (some tide assist)
- June 16, 2012
- cost: solo – $90, 2 relay – $150, 3 relay – $230, 4 relay – $310, 5 relay – $400, 6 relay – $460.
- must provide your own kayaker (though a limited number of kayakers are available, but feel free to bring a kayaker along!)