– first of all… we get an amazing deal through our sponsor Xterra… 60% off! That’s pretty hard to beat.
– they are good wetsuits... and, if I’m not mistaken, they are the most popular wetsuit out there. I would guess that over the past 3 years or so, LOSTies have bought over 200 wetsuits… and I haven’t heard any complaints. And if there are any issues, we always seem to get good account managers that are willing and able to take good care of us… probably because we sell so many of them, but they are good to us too with prizes for the LOST Race too.
– sleeveless or full sleeve? – my standard answer is: if you are a good swimmer (however you want to define that!) go for the sleeveless. You get almost all the benefit of extra warmth and buoyancy, but have much more freedom to swim!… and if you are newer to open water swimming and cold water swimming, go for the extra warmth and buoyancy of a full sleeve.
– sizing? Xterra doesn’t have a store where you can try them on… but they have a great sizing chart and of the 200 or so that LOSTies have ordered I’m pretty sure you could count on one hand the ones that needed to be sent back for a different size. And they are very accommodating if they need to be sent back. Myself and my family are all generally freakishly tall and skinny… and we’ve all found ones that fit us well!
– price? Like I say, we get a great deal. Even the cheap ones are good. It’s not like you need to get a top of the line one and the rest are crap… they all range from “good to very good”.
– ordering? Just drop me an email (email@example.com) and I’ll send you the code. And they usually come very quickly. I’ve seen them come as quick as 2 days… but usually around a week! (they are coming from San Diego).
Here is their latest deal… $119 for a good sleeveless… shop it around, you won’t find a better deal than that!
Why am I always pumping Xterra?… What’s my angle?… no angle… I just like to get more people out swimming in open water!!!
Having said all that… real swimmers don’t need a wetsuit anyway!!! 🙂