Sometimes when I write these posts I have to be a little creative to try and convey the fun we had at a specific event or swim, because it man not seem immediately obvious that swimming in cold water, or rough water, or cold and rough water would be as much fun as it is. This event, however, was not one of those events.
It was just as much fun as it looks like it was.
This was the second year of the LOST/CR’s Beer Mile rivalry. Swimmers vs Runners. And we LOSTies held onto the title again!
Here are some interesting facts:
- Winning time was 3 seconds faster this year than last year… 7:12
- Slowest time was 15:08 this year, vs 24:51 last year
- One more competitor this year… at 18
- 9 LOSTies, 9 CR’s
- 9 of top 11 were LOSTies
- most popular beer: Canadian (3), Budweiser (2), Cameron’s (2), Keith’s (2)
- 11 runner’s under the the “Miracle (Beer) Mile” time of 10 minutes… (only 4 last year)
- best costumes: Elvis (CR), The Wrestler (CR), Caitlyn Jenner (LOST), The Skirt (CR)
- 2 women in 2014… and two different women in 2015
- Even more beers were had at O’Finns after the race!
Ya, the pictures pretty much tell it all. It was fun. A lot of fun. And as I said at the time, I think the spectators had as much fun as the runners!
Special thanks to Mauro, Darren, Andrea for organizing!
See you all next year… have fun training over the next 364 days!