1) click on the Xterra logo above and order any of their "Canadian offerings", no code required.
2) Order any of their wetsuits and get it shipped to a buddy in the US and have them send it to you. Then you can use the LOST code. Just drop Rob an email for the code if you want to order this way, President@GlobalSwimSeries.com
_________________________LOST email:If you would like to join the group of over 800 people from around the world that already receive our periodic (weekly, or so) email of an assortment of open water swimming, triathlon and other related stories, both local and international, just sign up here! Cheers, Rob.
- Winter swimming, GSS Global Champs and LOW Art Auction!!! April 5, 2017
- I’m going… you gotta do this one too!!! Maybe the best open water race you will ever do!!! February 25, 2017
- A new 50m pool in Oakville! February 12, 2017
- Xterra is shipping to Canada again! January 13, 2017
- Well that was cool… LOST Polar Bear Dip… and 100 x 100!!! January 8, 2017
_________________________ Visitors to our little site since April 30, 2010:
Year 1 = 95,241 or 261/day Year 2 = 235,046 or 644/day Year 3 = 482,284 or 1321/day Year 4 = 431,873 or 1183/day Year 5 = 1,715,716 or 4700/day________________________
Since June 1, 2014
We LOVE visitors from other countries too!!! (both on the website and in the water, if you are in town!)
LOST Motto:Life is a Participation Sport! _________________________
"To make this team is going to be sweet, to fail is going to be very painful. Either way, the sun will come up the next day and life will go on. But those who strive, those who leave nothing on the table, those who will take the risk, will all be winners. Life is truly sweeter for those who truly live it. The world belongs, and will always belong, to the people who participate. Those who stand on the outside, who never risk, who never fail, cannot now, nor will they ever, understand the beauty of each breath of life. So don't feel sorry for those who fail, feel sorry for the majority that never participate. They'll just never understand, let alone feel, all that life can and should be."
- - Dick Jochums... (legendary swim coach, on making the 2000 US Olympic Swim Team, from the classic swimming book "Gold in the Water")
What Marathon Swimming (& Life) is all about…
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
- - Calvin Coolidge, President of USA, 1923 - 29
Author Archives: Rob Kent
Hey LOSTies, So we made it through another winter… without swimming. Well sort of… … unless you were among the few crazies that swam all winter in the Lake! Yes, I’m looking at you: Chris, Edwin, Loren, Richie, et al… … Continue reading
We just announced it and it is already almost sold out!!! 443 already signed up for the 10k… capped at 450, and 288 of 350 signed up in the 3k!!! (I’ll see what I can do about getting … Continue reading
Hello LOSTies! Okay, the title of this email is a bit misleading… we don’t have a 50m pool… yet. Buuuut… we are still working on it! While my kids swam with OAK, I tried for 15 years to get the … Continue reading
Just thought I’d let you know that our friends at Xterra, who stopped shipping to Canada about 10 months ago, have now resumed shipping to Canada! Good news for us… we can once again get the most popular wetsuits in … Continue reading
Pardon the pun, but that was a “cool” way to start the New Year! On January 1, 2017 we held the 7th annual LOST Polar Bear Dip at our usual swimmin’ hole, LOST Beach in Oakville. And like like all … Continue reading
Ok, here we go… into a brave new year of open water swimming! And you might as well start it off by being brave! So let’s start with the 7th LOST Polar Bear Dip! So come one, come all… it’s … Continue reading