_________________________LOST email:If you would like to join the group of over 700 people from around the world that already receive our periodic (weekly, or so) email of an assortment of open water swimming, triathlon and other related stories, both local and international, just sign up here! Cheers, Rob.
- I’m going… you gotta do this one too!!! Maybe the best open water race you will ever do!!! February 25, 2017
- A new 50m pool in Oakville! February 12, 2017
- Xterra is shipping to Canada again! January 13, 2017
- Well that was cool… LOST Polar Bear Dip… and 100 x 100!!! January 8, 2017
- Welcome to a LOST 2017! Starting with: the Polar Bear Dip!!!… & 100 x 100 on 100!!! December 16, 2016
_________________________ Visitors to our little site since April 30, 2010:
Year 1 = 95,241 or 261/day Year 2 = 235,046 or 644/day Year 3 = 482,284 or 1321/day Year 4 = 431,873 or 1183/day Year 5 = 1,715,716 or 4700/day________________________
Since June 1, 2014
We LOVE visitors from other countries too!!! (both on the website and in the water, if you are in town!)
_________________________ Website By:
LOST Motto:Life is a Participation Sport! _________________________
"To make this team is going to be sweet, to fail is going to be very painful. Either way, the sun will come up the next day and life will go on. But those who strive, those who leave nothing on the table, those who will take the risk, will all be winners. Life is truly sweeter for those who truly live it. The world belongs, and will always belong, to the people who participate. Those who stand on the outside, who never risk, who never fail, cannot now, nor will they ever, understand the beauty of each breath of life. So don't feel sorry for those who fail, feel sorry for the majority that never participate. They'll just never understand, let alone feel, all that life can and should be."
- - Dick Jochums... (legendary swim coach, on making the 2000 US Olympic Swim Team, from the classic swimming book "Gold in the Water")
What Marathon Swimming (& Life) is all about…
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
- - Calvin Coolidge, President of USA, 1923 - 29
Open Water Source (news)
International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
A Global OW Swimming Forum!