I just got this email (below) from Borut Strel, Martin “Big River Man” Strel’s son, who runs the vacation swimming trip business with his dad.
They are both great guys and these trips look like a lot of fun and are in spectacular locations… I’d love to do a trip one of these days to any of the locations they offer… and keep them in mind if you are interested in doing the same, it would make one helluva vacation!
In the meantime… we’ll just have to enjoy the pictures!
Dear friends, swimmers and adventure travellers,
Hope you are getting well aclimitised to the winter months and trying to swim to swim in either the outdoors or indoors. Swimming is known to be one of the best activities to boost our immune system.
Here is a quick update of what we are doing in 2013.
1) We have opened our 2013 dates and availability. Check them out!
2) Some of our guests have shared their feedback about our swimming trips:
– See video: Testimonials Lake Powell Swimming
– See video: Testimonials Slovenian Lake Swimming
– Jacqui from Switzerland writes: A Strel Swimming Story From Croatia
– Beth from Florida writes: Lake Powell Best Swim Vacation
We also hosted 2 great writers on our last Lake Powell Tour and they will publish articles in the coming months in prominent British & Canadian magazines.
3) We have opened two new swimming holiday locations:
4) Local Operational Policy
Please know that all our treks ensure that in the team of guides there is at least one team-member who has in-depth experience and knowledge of the local waters, the main swimming routes and the alternatives as well as a fluent local language speaker. I personally speak fluent Croatian, Serbian and Montenegro language.
5) We are attending Winter Swimming Championships in the UK (Tooting Bec, London) on 26.Jan, 2013. Please come and visit our stand.
6) We are co-organising traditional Lake Bled Winter Swimming Cup in Slovenia on 23.Feb, 2013. See more details at our site.
Our great website also has some stunning photos from our recent season!
Have a great weekend and we look forward to seeing you in the water again!
Best regards, Borut Strel
Strel Swimming Adventures
+44 77 0006 1236
+1 310 928 3224